Thursday, February 19, 2009

RIP Stewart

Last night was a bad night. Hannah found her guinea pig dead in his cage. I'm not sure how long Stewart had been dead he was inside his "house". She found him when she went in to check on him before going to bed. Naturally it was 10:30 and we had to bury him. Tom was finished by 11:00. We are all exhausted. Tommy took Stewart's cage and supplies out of Hannah's room. Needless to say she would not sleep in there last night. Tom gets up at 4:30 for work and I get up at 5:30. Ugh. Stewart was about 6 years old so he lived a good life.

I was so upset that Hannah found him. I was standing in the kitchen holding him crying like I had just lost my best friend and screaming for a box. Good grief. No more guinea pigs.

We have now officially started our pet cemetery. I don't know how I will handle losing one of the dogs or cats. I guess you can tell when dogs and cats are going to die so we can prepare ourselves. Not the case with a guinea pig.

RIP Stewart, Hannah loved you a lot. We will all miss you. You were cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment