Thursday, February 12, 2009

I'm having a CF day

I call them CF days. Sometimes it all just gets to me. Work, knowing this disease is slowly killing my child, the drive, the stress you name it today was just one of those days. I feel like my nerves are sticking out of my skin and every little thing people do or say just gets to me. I don't know what triggers it, I'm guessing it had something to do with doing Hannah's 504 plan yesterday. I didn't get to work until 12:30 and sitting there for an hour talking about all the accommodations Hannah needs was just a reminder of how hard her life really is. The diabetes, the fatigue, the coughing, shots, medicines it is way more than any 8 year old should deal with. She is so brave and I know sometimes it gets to her too. I think when she feels anxious she starts to act silly. I'm thinking we need to get her to a psychologist soon. She needs someone to talk to, she knows this disease will kill her someday. How do you deal with all that when you are a child?
I did my 2 mile walk/run tonight. I'm getting close to running more than walking. Maybe next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment