Sunday, September 1, 2013

Baseball, softball, CF, Dad and Kansas

I can't believe summer is almost over.  So much has happened.  Hannah's softball team won one game maybe, Tommy played one last season with the Cobras and with an MYO team.  He threw his first no hitter, he had a girl friend then he didn't, then he did and now he doesn't (same girl).  We traveled to South Bend Indiana, and all over the Tri-state watching Tommy play sometimes driving an hour each way.  I tried to really just enjoy watching him.

Tommy along with 836 other kids graduated from Mason on June 2 at the Cintas Center.  Hannah says there are 990 8th graders in her class and they will need Great American Ballpark for her graduation. LOL
I cried a lot at Tommy's graduation.  My little boy is all grown up.

My dad has been really struggling with congestive heart failure and we almost lost him a time or two but right now he seems to be doing much better he sounds much better (perkier). I know he is 80 but I'm not ready to let go just yet.

Hannah has had healthier summers.  She had sinus surgery in July and hasn't been quite the same since.
Lots of coughing, stuffy nose.  She grew a fungus from the sinus culture took meds for that then went right into a coughing marathon.  She got a new insulin pump on 8/26 and we went to the CF clinic later in the day for a sick visit.  The Doc said it was walking pneumonia.  They did a throat culture and she is growing pseudomonas fluorescens and p. putida what the heck is this stuff! I'm getting ready to bleach my entire house.  She is on antibiotics but I can't talk to anyone until Tuesday.  I hate CF!!!!!!!

Finally we drove out to Kansas for Tommy to start school.  What an incredibly long boring drive.  He is happy to be playing baseball but really getting a reality check that money doesn't just appear in your bank account when something happens.  Poor kid.  He already found a job.  I am so proud of him!


No comments:

Post a Comment