Thursday, May 9, 2013

RIP Mistletoe the guinea pig

I knew the guinea pig wasn't feeling her best so I made an appointment for the vet for today.  Well I found her dead in her little hut at 7:30.  Hannah stayed home to go with her to the vet.  Yesterday she was nibbling an orange out of my hand so I thought she was OK to go to the vet today.  I'm sure if we had taken her yesterday it wouldn't have made any difference. 

Hannah seemed to take it better than I did.  I was more heartbroken for Hannah than myself.  Mistletoe was very cute and squealed a lot.  I told Hannah that pets are here for us to love and take care of and give them a loving home. 

It is in the basement to stay cool until Tommy can bury her.  The ground is soft so it shouldn't take to much trouble to dig the hole.

In the last 3 months, we have lost one of two hamsters and one guinea pig.  We still have one very old hamster and one baby gerbil and Hannah and Tommy are getting it a companion.  Poor thing, it doesn't know it is coming here to die.  It hurts anytime a pet dies even if they are cute little rodents.

No comments:

Post a Comment